The “Chinese University Independent Admissions Program” is a full scholarship for provincial education administrations and some Chinese universities in some provinces and autonomous regions in China. It is used by some Chinese universities to directly select and recruit outstanding foreign young students to study for graduate degrees in China.
1. Scholarship Category, Duration and Language of Instruction
a. This program only recruits doctoral students. The scholarship period is 4 years.
b.The language of instruction is generally Chinese. Henan University can provide English teaching for some majors. Go to http://applyonline.henu.edu.cn/html/article_content/201804/A4DE986A8A914F5E9E7E42EE27F00FCE.shtml to check out the list of English teaching majors.
c.The duration of the scholarship is the length of study determined at the time of admission, including the duration of professional study and Chinese tutoring, and in principle will not be extended.
2. Scholarship Content
a. Provide tuition fees;
b. Provide free on-campus accommodation;
c. Provide living allowance;
d. Provide Chinese government scholarships with comprehensive medical insurance in China.
3. Application Method and Time
Applicants should apply directly to Henan University. Application period until March 31, 2019.
a. Non-Chinese citizens must be in good health;
b. Students already studying in China are not eligible for this scholarship( the time students graduated from China must be more than one year)
c. Education and Age Requirements:
● Those who are studying for doctoral degree in China must have a Master’s degree and be under 40 years of age.
5. Application Process
a. Applicants can submit application directly to Henan University (for details, please check http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/universitydetailen.aspx?collegeId=303 or http://www.campuschina.org/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=3056 or http://dwhy.henu.edu.cn/ch/index.html)；
b. Applicants must log into CSC to study in China online registration system first (http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org, click Online registration student entrance) fill in the application information online, submit and print the “Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form” online, and log on to the online registration system of Henan University http://applyonline.henu.edu.cn/member/login.do to register online.
c. Applicants should prepare the corresponding materials according to the requirements of the “Application Materials” list below, and send the original materials to Henan University within the specified time and send the scanned materials to the designated e-mail address at the same time.
Note: Type of study abroad: Type B; Acceptance agency code: 10475.
6. The application Materials (All in Duplicate)
1.Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form (completed in Chinese or English);
2. Passport (photo page and address page);
3. Notarized highest academic certificate. If the applicant is a student at school, he/she must submit the proof of study issued by school. Documents that are in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by a notarized Chinese or English translation;
4. Transcript. Documents that are in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by a notarized Chinese or English translation;
5. Study and research plan in China (no less than 800 words), written in Chinese or English;
6. Two recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors, written in Chinese or English;
7. Students who apply for music majors must submit a CD-ROM of their work; students who apply for a fine arts program must provide 2 sketches, 2 color paintings and 2 other CD works;
8. A copy of the Foreign Physical Examination Form (self-preservation for the original), which is printed by the Chinese Health and Quarantine Department and can be downloaded on the CSC website http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org, must be filled in English. Applicants should strictly inspect the items required in the Foreigner’s Physical Examination Form. Foreign Physical Examination Forms with missing items, that do not have the photo of the person attached to the Form, do not have stamp on the photo, or is not signed or stamped by the doctor or the hospital is invalid. The examination result is valid for 6 months, the applicant is requested to determine the time for the medical examination.
9. Proof of no criminal record, documents that are in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by a notarized Chinese or English translation;
10. Proof of Chinese or English proficiency.
Note: Please put all the application materials in the above order in the upper left corner into a book (two volumes) and send them to Henan University. Application materials will not be returned regardless of admission.
7. Admission and Notification
1. The school of independent admission program is responsible for reviewing the application materials and determining the candidates for admission.
2. If candidate is admitted by the China Scholarship Council, he or she can receive Chinese government scholarships to study in China.
3. Each scholarship recipient can only receive one Chinese government scholarship program. For scholarship applicants who are admitted to multiple universities at the same time, the China Scholarship Council only reserves the scholarship qualification for one school.
4. The China Scholarship Council will send the Admission List Admission Letter and the Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China (JW201 Form) to the admission institution before June 30, and the school will forward it to the student.
5. Scholarship recipients cannot change the admission institution, study major and study period after coming to China;
6. Scholarship recipients who are not able to come to China according to the admission period will not be eligible for scholarships.
8. Contact Information
Contact: Han Rencheng
Contact number: 0371-22868169
Zip code: 475001
Address: 85#, Minglun Street, Kaifeng City, Henan Province