To encourage more foreign students to study in Henan province and improve the quality of foreign students in Henan province, The People’s Government of Henan province has established Henan Government Scholarship .
I. Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Languages
Supporting Categories: One-Semester Chinese Language Students, One-Academic-Year Chinese Language Students, undergraduate students, Graduate (Master) students and Graduate (PhD) students.
Duration of Scholarship
One-Semester Chinese Language students
One-Academic-Year Chinese Language students
Graduate (PhD) students
Language Proficiency for English-medium Programs:
Applicants whose mother tongue is English.
Applicants whose mother tongue is not English should have
IELTS (6 bands) or TOEFL iBT score 86 for Undergraduate program.
IELTS (6.5 bands) or TOEFL iBT score 86 for Graduate (Master) and Graduate (PhD) program.
Language Proficiency for Chinese-medium Programs:
New HSK4 and HSKK (intermediate level or above) for Undergraduate and Graduate (Master) programs.
New HSK5 and HSKK (intermediate level or above) for Graduate (PhD) programs.
II. Scholarship Coverage
Tuition fee and accommodation fee (Quadruple-beds room)
Tuition fee and accommodation fee (double-beds room)
Tuition fee, accommodation fee (double-beds room) and living allowance (1500RMB per month)
Tuition fee, accommodation fee (double-beds room) and living allowance (2000RMB per month)
Remarks：For Undergraduate students, Graduate(Master) students, and Graduate (PhD) students， they are qualified to get the scholarship on the condition that they pass the annual review in May of each year.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, be in good health, and have no criminal record.
2. Abide by the laws and regulations of Chinese government, and regulations of Henan University.
3. Have a good attitude for learning and good academic performance.
4. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age
Applicants for undergraduate program must have high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 30.
Applicants for graduate program must have bachelor degree or above or more than two-year experience after graduation from vocational college and be under the age of 40.
Applicants for PhD program (taught in Chinese) must have master’s degree or above and be under the age of 45.
IV. Application Procedure
Complete the online application procedure at “Online Application System for Henan University International Students”
(Visit http://applyonline.henu.edu.cn/member/login.do and click “Application Online” to log in), and submit the Application Form online.
V. Scanned Documents
1. Application Form for Henan Government Scholarship .
2. Scanned copy of your passport photo page
3. Highest diploma or notarized photocopy (Applicants who are students or have a job must submit official document issued by their current school or Department to prove their current status).
4. Applicants for undergraduate programs must provide high school transcripts (Detail marks certificate); applicants for graduate program must provide undergraduate transcripts (Detail marks certificate) (Applicants whose highest degree is vocational college degree must provide vocational college transcripts or credential materials of more than two-year work experience); applicants for PhD program must provide undergraduate transcripts and master transcripts (Detail marks certificate).
5. A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English, not less than 400 words for undergraduate students; 600 words for Master Degree and 800 words for PhD Degree)
6. Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English): Applicants for graduate and PhD degree programs must submit two recommendation letters signed by associate professor or professor.
7. A “CD” or USB disk of their own works (only required for Arts students):
Applicants for Music studies are required to submit a “CD” or USB disk of their own musical works. Applicants for the Fine Arts programs must submit a “CD” or USB disk of their own works which include two sketches, include two color paintings in soft copy.
8. Power of attorney in China Authenticated by Chinese Embassy abroad or valid documents of their legal guardians in China (only required for applicants under the age of 18)
9. Foreigner Physical Examination Form or Blood Examination Report or notarized photocopy.
10. Certificate of Non-Criminal Record or notarized photocopy.
11. The copy of English or Chinese Proficiency Certificate. Bachelor degree and graduate applicants (taught in Chinese) should have passed the New HSK4 and the new HSKK (intermediate level or above) while PhD applicants (taught in Chinese) should have passed the New HSK5 and New HSKK (intermediate level or above); Bachelor degree and graduate applicants (taught in English) should have passed IELTS (6 bands) or TOEFL iBT score 86 while PhD applicants (taught in English) should have passed the IELTS (6.5 bands) or TOEFL iBT score 86.
Remarks: Diplomas or Transcript or Certificates and Degrees in languages other than Chinese and English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
All documents should be bound together on top left corner in order. You should submit TWO sets of bound documents. No application documents will be returned.
VI. Application deadline
Application deadline: May 31st, 2018.
VII. Placement & Scholarship Confirmation
1. Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. After placement confirmation by Henan University, scholarship recipients will receive Henan Government Scholarship.
3. Henan University will send Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) to scholarship recipients before July 10th.
4. Scholarship will not be reserved if the scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
VIII. Contact Information of Henan University
Contact: Han Rencheng
Address: Henan University，Number 85, Minglun Street, Kaifeng, Henan Province, China. Website: http://dwhy.henu.edu.cn
Tel: +86-371-22868-169 ，86-15937828496
Payment Notice for Henan Government Scholarship students
85 Minglun Street, Kaifeng 475001, P.R. China
CopyRight 2010-2022 ISCLC，All Rights Reserved.   |    support;Moli Network